Retreat & Yoga Teacher Training
with Mark Whitwell
All sessions take place at the beautiful and historic Pepper Tree Retreat in Ojai, California, the American home of J. Krishnamurti, a student of T.K.V. Desikachar.
Don't miss this rare opportunity to study in-depth with master teacher Mark Whitwell in the US.
Spend a transformative week with Mark in the enchanted "Valley of the Moon" as we dive into the Heart of Yoga. This course is offered at the historic Pepper Tree Retreat where J. Krishnamurti lived and taught, and is approved by the Yoga Alliance.
Use as a retreat or towards certification
You have the choice to attend to develop your personal practice or as a restorative retreat, or as a part of teacher training with Mark, to be completed with him anywhere around the world. Please contact us for more information.
You will receive...
- Opportunity to deeply explore the practice of Asana, including appropriate inversions, twists, forward bends, designed specifically for you and your students
- Asana, Pranayama and Meditation as a seamless process
- Krishnamacharya’s Five Principles of Practice
- Exploration of Bandhas in Asana and Pranayama
- Understanding of Vinyasa Krama, the art of appropriate sequencing
- The essential principle of Strength/Receiving in Yoga and Life
- The practice and process of nurturing, regeneration and abundance as a constant
- A week with a Master Teacher in an intimate and energetically powerful setting
- Delicious organic, healing food and the wonderful company of other sincere practitioners
Pricing & Accommodation options per person*
For these courses, we are using the beautiful Pepper Tree Retreat's Event Pavilion as the Yoga Shala, and we have these accommodation options for you:
- $3199 Pepper Tree private king bed
- $2699 Pepper Tree twin-share (per person)
- $2699 Pepper Tree private king bed couple (per person)
- $2599 Lindley House twin-share (per person)***
*Prices are in US dollars per person and are all-inclusive of your accommodation, three meals a day, and full tuition.
**For students whom provide their own accommodation, the price is $2199 and includes tuition, lunch and dinner.
***Note that Lindley House is right next door to Pepper Tree Retreat and practically functions as part of the same property
Feel free to contact retreat coordinator for pricing options, questions and registration:
Heart of Yoga is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
These trainings are registered with the Yoga Alliance and count toward teacher training and continuing education hours.