Heart of Yoga and Urban Family present
Heart of Yoga Teacher Training
with Mark Whitwell
January 10-16 / May 7-13 / November 13-19
All sessions take place at the beautiful and historic Pepper Tree Retreat in Ojai, California, the American home of J. Krishnamurti, a student of TKV Desikachar.
Reserve your spot today:
Details and terms are on the deposit page on our partner page urbanfamily.org
Don't miss this rare opportunity to study in-depth with master teacher Mark Whitwell in the USA.
Spend a transformative week with Mark in the enchanted “Valley of the Moon” as we dive into the Heart of Yoga. This course is offered at the historic Pepper Tree Retreat where J. Krishnamurti lived and taught, and is approved by the Yoga Alliance.
Come for one week or two
You have the choice to attend one week in November 2016 as an opportunity to develop your personal practice or as a restorative retreat with the option to continue with the teacher training in 2017 (dates and location to be announced). If you have attended a retreat with Mark in the past this may count towards your teacher training. Please contact us for more information.
You will receive...
- Opportunity to deeply explore the practice of Asana, including appropriate inversions, twists, forward bends, designed specifically for you and your students
- Asana, Pranayama and Meditation as a seamless process
- Krishnamacharya’s Five Principles of Practice
- Exploration of Bandhas in Asana and Pranayama
- Understanding of Vinyasa Krama, the art of appropriate sequencing
- The essential principle of Strength/Receiving in Yoga and Life
- The practice and process of nurturing, regeneration and abundance as a constant
- Two weeks with a Master Teacher in an intimate setting
Pricing & Accommodation
Shared Room at the Pepper Tree Retreat: $2,244*
Shared Room at Lindley House (next door to Pepper Tree): $2,459*
Private Room w/ king bed at the Pepper Tree: $2,885* (Currently fully booked)
Course Only For students who provide their own accommodation, the cost is $1,777.00 and includes tuition, lunch and dinner.
*Prices in US dollars include: accommodation, 3 meals a day and full tuition.
**Inquire about couples and group discounts.
Contact retreat co-ordinator Amy for pricing options, questions and registration.
Use the form below or email her at email@example.com
Urban Family and Heart of Yoga are both 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. These trainings are registered with the Yoga Alliance and count toward teacher training and continuing education hours.
Pepper Tree Retreat Gallery
Register or Request More Information
Contact Amy our Teacher Training co-ordinator for more information.